External hard drives are portable storage devices used to store documents, videos, photos, and data. These drives are available in varying storage capacities, and they all connect to a computer. If you are looking to buy an external hard drive, we recommend you should buy Toshiba’s MQ03ABB300. In this article, we will guide you about purchasing your hard drive.
Toshiba Corporation has finally started to sell its 2.5-inch External hard drive with an exciting 3 Terabytes of capacity in retail. The hard drive can be installed into NAS (network area storage) systems and servers, but it is not compatible with the vast majority of mobile PCs. The Toshiba MQ03ABB300 3 TB capacity drive is based on 4-PMR (Perpendicular Magnetic Recording) 750GB platters designed by Showa Denko K.K. (SDK). This drive will be ideal for you as it has 5400rpm spindle speed, Serial ATA-6Gb/s interface, 16 M.B. cache, 5.56ms average latency time, and 512e advanced format. Moreover, its capacity is very power effective: its usual power consumption is 1.7Watts, while its idle consumption is 0.7Watts.
Currently, the drive is used inside Toshiba Canvio 3TB Connect II and WD’s My Passport Ultra External Hard disk drives. It is available at a price tag of $189 (£125). It is important to note that the pure drive can cost you more than external storage on its base, which is available for $150 to $170 in the market. As the hard drive depends on 4 magnetic platters, it is 15millimeter thick – 2 times thicker than 2.5”/7mm mainstream hard disk drives – and cannot be fitted into modern-day laptops. Toshiba places its MQ03ABB300 as an eventual solution for several storage systems that rely on 2.5-inch hard disk drives. Following are some details of the Toshiba MQ03ABB300.
- Brand: Toshiba
- Item Weight: 6.3 ounces
- Item model number: MQ03ABB300
- Product Dimensions: 3.94 x 2.76 x 0.39 inches
- Processor Count: 1
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 3.94 x 2.76 x 0.39 inches
- Flash Memory Size: 3
- ASIN: B017O266UE
- Hard Drive Rotational Speed: 5400 RPM
|Toshiba MQ03ABB300||Seagate BarraCuda ST2000LM015||Western Digital WD20 SPZX||Western Digital Blue Mobile 2.5 WD20NPVZ|
|Size||3 TB||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB|
|Item Weight||6.35 ounces||3.20 ounces||3.20 ounces||6.40 ounces|
|Item Dimensions||3.94 x 2.76 x 0.39 inches||3.95 x 2.75 x 0.28 inches||3.94 x 2.75 x 0.28 inches||3.95 x 2.75 x 0.59 inches|
|Hardware Interface||SATA 3.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s|
|Hard Disk Form Factor||2.50 inches||2.50 inches||2.50 inches||2.50 inches|
|Hard Disk Rotational Speed||5400 rpm||5400 rpm||5400rpm||5200rpm|
|Digital Storage Capacity||3 TB||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB|
|Cache Memory Installed Size||16||128||128||8|
Like its older sibling, Toshiba MQ03ABB300 drive sports a sturdy, simple enclosure that is almost non-viable to pry open. You can plug the cable in a mini-USB 3.0 connection located on one side. As for most HDDs in this category, there are no bundled software or power buttons; plug-and-play is modest. Toshiba is likely to have used the MQ03ABB300. This is a 2.5-inches four-platter model, each with 750 Gigabytes of capacity, with 5400RPM spindle speed and 16 M.B. cache.
Benefits of having a Toshiba MQ03ABB300 External Hard Drive
- Highest storage density on the market
- Compact in size compared to the competition
- Fast performance
- TOSHIBA MQ03ABB300 5400RPM series provides 3 T.B. of capacity in a 2.5-inch 15mm high form factor
- Advanced Format 512e
- MTTF (Mean Time to Failure) of 600,000 hours
- Halogen-free, RoHS Compatible, and Antimony-Free
- SATA 3 (Up to 6.0 Gbit/s) along with SATA Power Save
Talking about its reviews, we have a lot to talk about
- The drive can be used as a replacement for the TiVo Bolt. It works pretty great. You can search YouTube for video viewing procedures. Also, the drive is somewhat taller than the Original Equipment Manufacturer drive, but if you move the clips holding the wire on top of the drive, the case closes quickly.
- The Toshiba drive works well. Power consumption is just slightly higher than the W.D. drive it replaced. The good thing is; the temperature on the BOLT housing does not increase. We are pleased to have this drive.
- This hard drive is the most suitable way to get more than 476 hours of H.D. recordings on the TIVO Bolt. Remove the old drive and swap that with a new one. Also, there is no need for external data formatting. It automatically formats and resets for the new drive. And the whole process takes less than an hour
The latest addition to the Toshiba family MQ03ABB300 shows that the company wants to continue competing in a market where spinning hard drives are progressively being pushed out by SSD. In this post, we have mentioned maximum details regarding the drive. Considering its specifications and positive reviews, you can give it a try.