what is scrum
Scrum is an agile framework that helps teams to work together, scrum is mostly used by software development teams as it allows teams to work on complex projects and deliver high-value projects.
Agile framework means a specific approach to planning, managing and executing work; it is different from the traditional waterfall framework. Agile is a product management philosophy that calls for fast and quick resolution of the customer problem and scrum is the specific framework that uses agile methodology to facilitate the project.
What is a scrum master?
The scrum master is the member of the team who has the responsibility for managing the process. Rather than taking part in decision-making, they use their experience and expertise to help guide the team in the scrum process.
Scrum master training online plays a pivotal role in software development, he has knowledge about the product owner, and product use other team workers may not have the knowledge about scrum and product use, scrum master makes a balance between team and product owners he has special expertise in the scrum and guides the team efficiently.
Scrum master binds the whole team together yet he is not responsible for the success or failure of the project. Scrum master is not involved in the agile release, this is done by the scrum team and product owner. The scrum team is self-organising and knows how to make decisions, the scrum master does not act as a project manager yet he plays an important role by binding whole the team, he acts as a glue and facilitates smooth meetings between the parties. The scrum master helps in maintaining the schedules of the team meetings, preparing burndown charts
Roles and responsibilities of scrum master
Scrum Master has expertise in project management without him projects would fall into pieces thus he plays an important role in team management and he should know how to become a scrum master. A Scrum manager has several roles and responsibilities in a project.
- A scrum master ensures that everyone on the scrum team understands the goals, scope and product domain.
- Scrum masters help manage the product backlog effectively by providing the scrum team with agile project management methods and tools as well as inform the team members about the need to prioritize urgent user stories in the product backlog.
- A scrum master’s other major task is to share with project stakeholders information about where the agile sprint and product development efforts stand at any given moment.
- Scrum masters also have a good knowledge of empirical planning. A scrum master is well versed in planning agile sprints and leading agile teams
- They are responsible for setting up scrum meetings as needed to direct or pass on information about the process.
Responsibility of scrum master
The scrum master act as an agile coach, his responsibility includes facilitating the scrum team to self-organise and increase tam’s productivity.
- Using the scrum master’s help, a team can successfully produce a high-value product by removing obstacles in their daily scrum meetings and coaching them when they need it.
- It’s important that the scrum master can clear the path ahead of the scrum team, removing roadblocks or prioritizing user stories in the backlog.
- Lastly, the scrum master facilitates the transition to scrum by leading and coaching it.
A scrum master’s other major task is to share with project stakeholders information about where the agile sprint and product development efforts stand at any given moment.