Talking about kids, one thing you cannot afford to overlook is the importance of a good and comfortable mattress. Kids are very active, and they spend long hours playing on it. A quality mattress can last them for as long as they would like to play, and this can be a significant investment in their health. So, what does it take to care for a mattress? Read this article below.
- The first thing while looking after your kids’ mattress is to know how to identify its age. You have to consider the hardness of the bed. As our children grow, the mattress will become firmer as the years pass by. Also, take into account how thick the mattress is, as your kids will be using their legs on the bed as well as their toes. As a result, it is best to get a mattress with a softer feel.
- You must clean the mattress weekly to remove any dust or dirt that can have been left behind. You can vacuum clean it daily to keep it dust-free and smelling fresh. If possible, you should opt for a dry cleaning service to ensure your kid’s mattress is thoroughly cleaned. Along with cleaning the bed, make sure to clean the pillows since the pads tend to attract more dust, sweat, and other impurities, which can harm your kid’s skin if staying for a long time. Always make sure to get the best pillow materials so that you can clean them whenever necessary.
Why Do You Have To Care For Your Kids’ Mattress
This is probably a common question for many parents. Children tend to be very delicate when it comes to their mattresses. They may be tossing and turning all night long, and this can cause rashes or even tears.
- The essential thing that you should do is to remove stains as quickly as possible. Colors can easily be remedied with some bleach and water. You do not want to scrub something that may be a bit more discolored than what it is right now.
- Make sure that you purchase good-quality mattresses. Cheap mattresses tend to be too thin and not provide enough support for your kid. The last thing you would want is for your child to have chronic back pain because his mattress wasn’t built well enough.
- One more way is to use a sheet protector. They will protect both your kids’ mattresses and sheets. This way, not only do you get the protection that your kids need, but you can also ensure that your sheets will last longer.
- It is recommended that you vacuum the mattress at least once every week. You can get rid of dust mites and other allergens that may be lying around. Maintain the vacuum cleaner correctly. Check the suction to make sure there are no blockages.
- It is important that you wash the mattress if you use a detergent or blanket. If it says to “avoid” or to “use with caution,” then use caution. You don’t want to clean it with something too harsh or will make the damage worse.
- Place the kids on their beds before bedtime for the first few nights so that they will be familiar with the position of their beds. This will also allow you to sleep on the mattress for the first few nights while preparing to go to bed. This can be done by putting their feet on a small ladder that is attached to their mattress.
- When cleaning the mattress, you will want to make sure you do it in the direction of the grain. For instance, if you have a twin-size bed, you do not wish to go and scrub the entire thing until all of the fluffy parts are gone. Instead, start on the softer parts and work your way down. If you have very thick padding, you may want to vacuum underneath it as well. Once the entire thing has been cleaned, you will want to apply a thin layer of baby powder or baby oil on the mattress before storing it away for the night. You can also put a sheet over it in the store overnight so that the next day you can remove the dry mattress and wash it. To find out more about the best mattress for your kids visit Eco Kids
- Another great Parental tip to Clean and Care For Your Kids Mattresses is to make sure they have a mattress cover. The mattress is one of the ideal places for dust mites to live. With that said, there are many ways to protect your child’s bed from dust mites. If you use cotton or other fabrics, you can place a mattress cover made of these materials over the mattress. This will help to keep dust mites and other allergens from getting to your kid’s bed. Not only mattresses but pillows need covers as well to keep them protected. There are different types of pillow stuffing like cotton, feather, foam, etc., which need to be taken extra care of.
- As a final tip, you will want to make sure that you are changing your linens regularly. Even if you buy brand new sheets, they can still harbor various bugs and other allergens. If you change your sheets at least once a week, you can significantly reduce the number of allergens that are breathed in by your kid. This is one of the essential Parental Tips to Clean and Care For Your Kids Mattress to follow.
Parents want to know that there is a way to ensure that their children are safe, and making sure that you change your linens and mattresses as necessary is vital. By following these Parental Tips, you are sure to be on the right track.