Refrigeration systems have come a long way since people used to pack food in freight cars and warehouses filled with slabs of real ice. Due to the increased usage of refrigeration units in freight trucks and cars, it become possible to transport perishable goods like dairy products, meat and fruit over long distances. Mobile coolers have an enormous impact on human progress and it’s not likely to diminish in importance anytime soon. This post gives you a beginner guide about mobile refrigerators:
Different Types of Mobile walk-in Coolers
A walk-in cooler is a refrigeration unit that provides freezer capacity and refrigerator in a portable format. It consists of three options that are as follows:
- Trailers: It comes in the category of most popular mobile walk-in cooler because of the portable size and ease of availability. Freezers are built as trailers that can be towed with any standard pickup truck. They are delivered directly to your site and also set up the unit for you.
- Walk-in Rooms: Freezer installed indoors or walk-in chiller are the second option for commercial refrigeration. They are derived as a series of panels and can be carried in through any common-sized door before being assembled in place.
- Vans: Van’s mobile refrigerators consists the battery-driven units. They are specially designed for fresh or frozen transportation for short and long distances.
How Does Mobile Trailer Refrigerator Works?
Refrigerators in trailers serve the same purpose as the household fridge. The trailer is hooked up to a power supply like a portable generator either a 13-amp or 16-amp. Electricity powers a compressor and the motor are hidden away in the trailer. The compressor squeezes refrigerant gases. Once it is at high pressure and in liquid form, the refrigerator absorbs heat inside the trailer and cools down the air to reduce the ambient compression. The refrigerator constantly evaporates the gas, when it flows back to the compressor the cycle starts over again.
What Are The Applications of Mobile Trailer Refrigerators?
Refrigerator trailers work with the primary objective of extending the shelf life of your products. Moreover, they help to maintain the quality of everything from beverages and food to vaccines and chemicals.
Mobile Trailor Refrigerator applications Include:
- Wine Storage
- Agriculture, farming & ranch storage
- Medical, pharmaceutical and biomedical applications
- Field research storage
- Restaurants, hotels and caterers
Things To Consider While Hiring Mobile Trailer Refrigrator
- Balance Level: There are different issues that may occur if the trailer is positioned on the floor that is not level. For instance, you may find that the doors of the mobile trailer wouldn’t open and close properly. Besides, you may also have issues with blocks of ice forming in the wrong place in the trailer’s system when it has been on unlevel ground.
- Place Near to Power Supply: When you organize the event, prefer to place the trailer refrigerator close to the power supply. The most important reason for doing this is minimizing the risk of falls and trips the cabling. Mobile trailer refrigerators need uninterrupted power to ensure that consistent temperature is maintained, especially when conditions are hot.
- Keep Doors Sealed: It is obvious to always keep the doors closed, but some careless people may leave them open. It is the reason why refrigeration fails to achieve its optimum level. In some cases, doors are left open intentionally for convenience that causing a rise in temperature that finally spoilt the stored goods.
Hiring a walk-in cooler rental trailer will ensure that your temperature-senstive items will remain at an ideal temperature. They can be set up anywhere and are simple to use.