With the advancement in technology, it is now possible to opt for online music lessons. Online lessons basically take place virtually where a professional teacher sits across a screen and teaches you music. Traditionally, music is learned by a proper teacher in a suitable environment but now things are changing and online music lessons are becoming increasingly popular. Let us understand the advantages and disadvantages of the same.
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE MUSIC CLASSES
- Can be taken anytime: Sometimes when you are traveling then it is difficult to attend your music lessons. But you can attend your lessons if you have booked an online class. You just have to switch on your laptop and you can attend from any corner of the world and you will be able to attend your class. Just ensure that you have a stable internet connection. Online classes can be altered according to your schedule since you don’t have to stick to strict business hours. It gives you more control over your time and schedule.
- Offers Variety: Online classes do have a wide variety of teachers and musicians. It is especially beneficial for those who don’t have a good music school in their neighborhood. This gives them a chance to have a quality music education.
- Cost-effective: Since online classes are flexible for both teachers and students, they are cheaper than offline music lessons. Therefore, online classes are easily affordable for anyone.
DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE CLASSES
- No physical guidance: Music requires you to have perfect posture, you can’t have a slouchy posture while playing. Since the teacher is teaching through a camera, they cannot have a proper look at your posture and it is likely that they won’t be able to correct you. Certain techniques as well are taught by physically moving your fingers and hands so that your playing is perfect. It is definitely not possible for your teacher to do this through a webcam.
- Lack of Discipline: Discipline is essential to learn any instrument. Since there is a lot of flexibility for teachers as well as students in an online class, it is a possibility that schedules keep changing and classes are frequently rescheduled This breaks the regular practice and can hamper your growth. An in-house traditional music lesson has better discipline when compared to an online session.
- Network issues: Lack of proper internet means no class at all. There are places that face frequent power outages. This leads to discontinuity in classes. A lot of people, even today don’t have access to proper internet connection and phones or laptops, therefore, online classes aren’t inclusive of every population.
Also Read:- Mp3clan : mp3clan Free Music Download
These were certainly the pros and cons of online music lessons. Some pros might be just the thing for you whereas certain cons could be deal-breaker. Different people have different aspirations and hence they would choose different methods. Before choosing any method of learning go through the above list and weigh the pros and cons, then make an informed decision.