Managing Blood Sugar Levels without Medication
Individuals who experience fluctuation in their blood sugar levels should visit the best Internal Medicine Specialist in Islamabad. The specialist will help the person opt for relevant dietary and lifestyle modifications to enhance their health.
Also check dental crown
The ways that are proven beneficial to balance the blood sugar levels without medications include:
- Keep a Check on Intake of Carbohydrates: People who want to manage their blood sugar levels without medication must keep a check on their intake of carbohydrates. The excessive consumption of sugar affects the functioning of the pancreas and other vital organs. It can lead to permanent damage to the organs. Therefore, one should minimize the intake of sugar and include proteins and green vegetables in a daily diet.
- Get in the Habit of Exercising Daily: The walk, jogging, and other exercises are proven beneficial in reversing prediabetes. Physical activities help metabolize sugar and maintain the overall health of the vital organs. Therefore, people struggling with their blood sugar levels must join the gym or go for a walk in the morning daily.
- Increase the Intake of Proteins: The sources of lean protein such as meat, lentils, and eggs help the person feel full and do not require to consume carbohydrates twice or thrice daily. It promotes the overall health of the individuals. The protein does not cause a spike in blood sugar levels.
- Consume ALA: Alpha-lipoic acid helps utilize the sugar in the form of energy. Individuals diagnosed with diabetes can consume ALA in the form of supplements. It also helps fight the infection and complications that correlate with diabetes.
- Include Green Tea in Your Diet: Individuals who are at a higher risk of diabetes must include green tea in their daily diet. Green tea helps the person to lose weight and promotes metabolic activities. Individuals must consume three to four cups of green tea daily. A healthy BMI reduces the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Use Cinnamon in Food: Cinnamon is known to reduce blood sugar levels. Therefore, diabetic patients must include cinnamon in their tea. It can help the person maintain the levels without medications that may cause side effects and unease. A pinch of cinnamon powder added twice in the tea helps enhance the taste and promote the overall physical health of the person.
- Decrease the Portion Size of the Meals: Larger food portions take time to digest. Sugar gets instantly absorbed by the pancreas. Due to hindered functioning of the pancreas, the person may suffer from complications. Therefore, it is essential to take smaller portions four to five times a day. It helps the body to absorb nutrients and helps limit insulin resistance.
- Use Supplements with Chromium: The mineral is known to manage blood sugar levels. Therefore, individuals struggling with the fluctuation of blood sugar levels should take supplements with chromium.
The best Internal Medicine Specialist in Karachi can help the individuals take precautionary measures and treatments to manage their blood sugar levels. Effective treatment options will help them function adequately and avoid further complications.