- “Tollywood”, India’s very own Telugu cinema industry attracts Telugu-speaking people and has a huge fan base among Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, English, Punjabi, Bengali, and other languages speakers. In short, the dominance of “Tollywood” is not only restricted to the boundaries of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh. It has its audience in pan-India. Recent trends also suggest that even Foreigners nowadays have an inclination toward our South Indian industry owing to the huge success of “RRR”.
- The extent to which “Tollywood” or “South Indian” movies have an impact is clearly visible when even “Bollywood” releases remakes of “South Industry” movies at regular intervals. The recently released movie “Vikram Vedha” is also a remake of the Tamil movie of the same name starring “R. Madhavan” and “Vijay Sethupathi”. You would be surprised to know that movies such as “Son of Sardaar”, “Saajan Chale Sasural”, and “Kabir Singh” are Telugu remakes of “Maryada Ramanna”, “Allari Mogudu”, and “Arjun Reddy” respectively.
- Recent news about box office collection indicates that South Indian movies have steered ahead of Bollywood and Telugu cinema pegged revenue of around 2500 crore out of 15000 crore total revenue of Indian cinema. Currently, there are 40 movies from Tollywood that have crossed 100 crores in revenue that namely include “Bahubali: The Beginning”, “Baahubali: The Conclusion”, “Pushpa”, “RRR”, and “Businessman”.
- Additionally, there are even some Guinness records that have been set by this industry. S. P. Balasubrahmanyam is the record holder for the most number of songs sung by any male playback singer in the world. Dasari Narayana Rao has directed a record 151 films. The Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad is the world’s largest film studio with a span of 1600+ acres.
- All Films industries are not only a source of entertainment but also provide employment opportunities for young talents and allied service sector people hence contributing towards nation-building.
Despite all the achievements South Industry has achieved, there lacks a single dedicated website that can deliver pure Tollywood content free of cost. There are many avenues when it comes to Bollywood, Hollywood movies. There are plenty of websites that post content free of cost but it’s not the same with Tollywood. Nevertheless, this should not be an issue for you anymore. You will be guided further from where Tollywood content will be made available for you.
Where can I find Telugu/Tollywood movies/web series online for free?
There are only a handful of websites where you can find pure Tollywood content for free. iBOMMA is one such site where you can see 100% South Indian content for free.
There will be two options available to you you can either choose to download or watch/stream online without downloading.
Why South Indian/Telugu/Tamil/Malayalam/Kanada movies industry is better than the Bollywood industry?
- The first credit for the penetration of the South Indian movies industry to the core of the Hindi heartland should be given to the dubbing agencies, artists, and television channels such as “Sony Set Max”, “Zee Cinema” “Star Gold” and all others channels that bought the copyright of the movies and telecasted them. These movies also got a positive response from the viewers and created a long-lasting impression. Post-dubbing the movies became easy to comprehend for a wider audience.
- Outstanding movies such as “Don no 1”, “I”, “Aparichit”, “Shivaji: The Boss”, and “Robot” were found appealing to many and even some of their dialogues references we even come across on a daily basis either on Instagram, Facebook, or Youtube memes.
- Voice-over artists such as Sanket Mahatre, Sharad Kelkar, and Shreyas Talpade have dubbed numerous movies from Telugu to Hindi and have been successful in capturing the essence of the character through their work.
- Current events such as “RRR” winning Oscar have increased the viewer base many folds. The musical numbers included in the movie have compelled everyone to vibe along.
- The song “Naatu Naatu” is the only Indian song that has made it into the Oscars at the 95th academy awards.
- The technology used in the industry is at par with Hollywood and Bollywood which was showcased in movies such as “Baahubali”, “RRR” and “Robot 2.0”.
- Bollywood movies become monotonous sometimes as the limelight is more on the actor/actress than the story behind it whereas in other industries the movie is driven around the story and all characters fall in line along the story.
What is iBOMMA?
iBOMMA is a torrent website with a beautiful interface that allows you to download or stream Telugu movies/series online. It claims to deliver top not video clarity for its users and the most striking feature of this website is its content which is 100% Telugu. Although on the site you cannot search the content according to the genres, you can use the search tab provided for it.
What kind of movies is present in iBOMMA?
- It is the number 1 website for Telugu content. The website hosts an exhaustive list of movies and web series dated between past decades to as new as 2023 released Telugu movies/series and also reviews them. This website also contains some Tamil, Kanada, Malayalam, Bollywood, and Hollywood movies.
- The web series released recently on any OTT platform, be it any Hotstar, Prime, or Netflix is made easily available here. Web series such as “Save the Tigers”, which has a good IMDb rating of 8/10 is made available here.
- Additionally, there are the latest 2023 Telugu movies that have crossed 100 crore box office collection such as “Virupaksha”, “Virata Parvam”, “Vaathi”, “Dhamaka”, “Godfather”, “Ravanasura”, “Vikramarkudu”, “Vishwaroopam 2” and the list goes on.
How can I download the latest 2023 Telugu movies? Do I need to sign up?
- There is no sign-up required nor the website will prompt you to do so.
- Your initial step will be opening the browser and entering the website iBOMMA.
- Then select the movie. The homepage will show you the recent movies that are released and have been uploaded.
- If you are able to see the movie name here click on it or else just type the name in the search tab and from the dropdown list select your favorite movie.
- Then after this, you will see basic information about the movie’s cast, director, and ratings about it.
- After that here you will see the different types of file sizes which are of different resolution quality. If you do not wish to download the movie and want to stream it online that option is also provided here.
What is the quality of video available in iBOMMA?
Like many other websites, it also provides videos in HD. A user can select from 480p, 720p, 1080p, 4k, and 8k.
What are the other websites that are alternatives to iBOMMA?
There are some websites that you can prefer over iBOMMA. A few of the websites are mentioned here:-
- Filmy Zilla
- Tamil yogi
These are some reference sites where you can search for movies/series for premium content.
Is downloading movies from torrent websites like iBOMMA for free legal?
- All websites including those mentioned above are not legal. You should always watch movies from legitimate sources or platforms. By downloading from these sites there is always a risk involved.
- Downloading the pirated version can land you with legal consequences. Different countries have different laws but in India, it can invite a penalty or imprisonment or both. Indulging in such activities, also sidelines the countless effort put into creating a movie and there is a loss in revenue to the makers as well as there is a loss in the country’s tax.
- Therefore, it is important to abide by the Intellectual Property Rights(IPR) laws and piracy should be discouraged.
What are the risks involved in using torrent websites?
- All these websites generally do not follow guidelines and regulations therefore, in the long run, these sites are either banned or become inactive. They are frequently changing names and domains hence little focus is given to security and there is always a chance of malware attack on your device.
- The landing pages on these websites are created in such a way that you will frequently encounter pop-ups that are infuriating and sometimes to close them you may even have to force shut the browser or tab.
- There is always a risk of downloading unwanted zip, apk files, or apps. To avoid such happenings you must strengthen your privacy settings and block such apps from downloading by the browser.
- Few graphics in movies may contain extreme violence, or racial language that may be disturbing and traumatizing to some audiences therefore viewers’ discretion is always advised.
- The content of these sites may not be suitable for all types of audiences. It may contain nudity, vulgarity, or language that may not be suitable for all age groups specifically minors. Therefore users below the group 18 years of age should refrain from such sites.
- Flashy lights and dark patterns may be a trigger to epilepsy in photosensitive epilepsy persons which should be avoided.