Logistics is one of the most promising sectors of the world economy. And it is incredibly important for this industry to implement digital solutions because, with their help, you can significantly simplify the supply processes and make the logistics service itself operational and user-friendly.
And for this, you need a logistics app, corporate or client application that can be used in the following areas:
- Delivery services of restaurants and cafes,
- Postal services,
- Carrier companies,
- Large corporations that have their own logistics department,
- Logistics service exchanges.
As you can see, logistics app development is an in-demand service because we are already accustomed to receiving goods from all over the world, both at home and in our professional or business activities. Let’s look at how the process of developing applications for logistics takes place exactly, and an expert in this kind of IT service, RexSoft, will help you with this.
What Are Basic Stages for Logistics App Development?
First of all, let’s consider what exactly you want to get. Whether it is just a mobile app designed for your inner corporative needs and goals, or will it be a full-fledged app integrating desktop and mobile solutions for enterprise goals, or will it be just an app for customers to track their delivery route and time.
And then a complex and multi-component work begins. For example, at RexSoft, the development of applications for the logistics sector is carried out according to the following road map.
- Drawing up a brief from the client. Only the client himself knows exactly what he needs. And it is very important to get the maximum information from him at this stage. Moreover, very often the developer’s clients do not even know exactly what they need, so consulting is also included in this stage. You receive from the client his wishes, compare with reality, and advise on how else you can improve or optimize the logistics application.
- Selection of infrastructure and technologies. Each non-on-shelf application has its own specifics, and a good developer is able to endow it with the functions that the client requires. For this, you need to choose one or another technology. For example, Node JS development allows you to implement complex projects with any degree of scalability for the needs of the client. And the same Flutter makes it possible to develop lightweight cross-platform applications.
- Prototyping is an important part of working on an application. At this stage, the developer himself and the client get the opportunity to see how the product will look in reality.
- UI/UX design is the next step. This is the highlighting of key parameters for the user experience and attractiveness of the application. After that, the required parameters are integrated into the new product.
- Testing and debugging are equally important. At this stage, all the weaknesses of the logistics apps are eliminated and worked out.
- Launching the application is not the last step, as you might think. The launch implies not only the entry of the product to the market, but also its integration with other digital components used by the logistics company, for example, CRM, CMS, and other products that the company already uses.
- Application support. A good development company will always keep its finger on the pulse and help its clients in the development, improvement, and support of the application’s functionality.
This is exactly how logistics app development company RexSoft operates when it comes to developing logistics applications.
And we are sure that this approach gives the best results because full-fledged development means exactly that. Do not neglect the importance of digital products for the world logistics industry as they may help you both to optimize business processes and to gain maximum results in your work.